Re: Hakeem is 7'

<< Will everyone that keeps writing Hakeem is 6'10" get ther facts
 straight!He is 7' no ifs ands or buts about it!This stuff gets started &
 pretty soon everyone starts taking it for fact!How anyone could think he
 is not 7' is beyond me but if people read something than they take it
 for fact!Sorry about being so pissed off but I was astonished the first
 time I saw it written that he was 6'10" & now I'm seeing it being
 repeated over & over.I don't mind opinions that are not the same as
 mine.That is what makes the game fun.BUT PLEASE GET THE FACTS RIGHT! >>

Dude, he really is 6'10".  Players' heights are often overstated for some
reason.  As someone pointed out, Barkley is listed at 6'6" or 6'7" when he is
probably 6'4".  Which is kind of funny since that means that I am taller than
he is.  The only players that I know of who understate their heights are Bill
Walton and Christian Laettner.  They both say that they're 6'11" but they are
both 7 footers.  OK, enough arguing over who's how tall.  Let's argue over
something really important like this new uniforms idea.  I say the Celtics
are a traditional team with traditional uniforms.  Let's keep it that way.
 Besides, most of the new uniforms that I've seen lately are ugly as hell.
 Look at the Pistons and Rockets.  If the Celts do something disgusting like
that I can guarantee that i will never buy a single piece of Celtic
merchandise other than a ticket to a game.  Ok, I've gotten that off my
chest.

later, Jake