Re: Mark Jackson

In message <Pine.GSO.3.95.970303122425.7335B-100000@mail.sdsu.edu>, Jerry allan
 Lawson said:

> 	Well, I have to congratulate the front office of the Idiana Pacers
> organization for making what very well may be the trade of the season.
> Acquiring Mark Jackson was a great move. He is one of th ebest
> distributers in the game right now. He always thinks to pass first which
> is what a true disciplined, veteran point guard is supposed to think. I
> would have been delighted if the Celtics could have gotten a hold of him,
> Wesley would have been an excellent back up too. And Mark Jackson would
> have made things happen with Duncan and Walker. Oh well.

Mark Jackson also just signed a 3-year, $9 million contract.  That is why the
Nuggets dumped him...for salary cap room.  He will still be taking up $3
million in cap space in 1999 at the age of 35.  The Pacers are welcome to him,
as far as I am concerned.  The Celtics already have too many overpaid players.
- --
Jim McMaster
mailto:mcmaster@sweng.stortek.com