Re: My fat opinion

[Reader note.  The following is a rather lenghty and negative.  Here is
the summary.  Todd Day must die :)  Sports Channel is doing a horrible
job.  :(  ]

I'd like to thank Todd Day for bringing me back to my senses.  After
watching him these past few games, I've come back to my original
conclusion that he must GO.  Sure he's put up some decent numbers
lately, but his shot selection is once again awful.  It appears that
most times he makes up his mind that he is going to shoot, once he
crosses half court.  He could be a decent addition if he stayed out on
the three point line and shot the open ones.  But his lack of ability
off the dribble is laughable.  He just buries his head, and already
decides he is going to shoot (over three defenders if he must) after the
first dribble.  There could be people wide open and he would ignore
them.  I just half to get this off my chest, because whenever I see him
drive, It drives me nuts.  And his posting up of smaller guards is
pathetic too.  This guy should be making the leauge minimum next year.

Well while I'm ranting in a negative mood...

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that the job Sportschannel is
doing is without class?  Heinson and Gorman are OK, but that fawning,
clueless shmuck of a sideline reporter is horrible.  I have purposefully
forgotten his name, but he does those attrocious Bob's Store minutes.
Everyone is "his Man" or "mah boyee."  And he doesn't even ask real
questions.  He brings up some anecdote and then sits there waiting for
the guest to elaborate.  And when they mention something about it he
simply presses for more.  His whole style is ameuterish and not
befitting an organization of the Celtics tradition.  His half time
anaylsis consist of simply describing the replays with pharases he has
stolen from ESPN's SportsCenter.  Compared to him,  Kim Walden's (her
name I remember) routine seems like great broadcasting.  I sometimes get
the feeling that when Mike and Tommy are on air with them they are
trying to contain their laughter.  After watching the Celtics this year
I have to wonder, which is more painful--the celtics play or the sorry
reporting done by SportsChannel.

And that box thing?  It was a joke.  [Sarcasm starts here]  Oh boy!  Can
we obstruct a portion of the view with a box that contains close ups of
people not involved in the play?  Thrill to the site of Grant Hill
standing at the top of the key doing NOTHING!  Feel the awe of observing
players jog up the middle of the court and ....nothing the're just
getting back on defense really slowly. [End Sarcasm]  I can only hope
that this never is used again.  After awhile I was able to just tune it
out.  But it still hogged part of the normal on-court view.

Man that was dark, but it had to be said.  Does anyone agree with me on
these things?

Adam Litchy