Re: Jon Jennings input

Please note this was not my original posting, but something I copied from a
posting on the Boston Globe Celtic Discussion list.  What is it that they
say, the opinion's are not necessarily those of management, or something
like that ? .

I agree that Van Horn will probably be a top 4 selection, but if we don't
land Duncan, I am torn between Mercer, Battie & Van Horn.  Since we need a
big man & a shooting 2 I tend to lean toward Battie or Mercer. But if Fox
is gone, I think we should seriously consider moving Willaims for a young
big 2, and possibly taking Mercer or Van Horn if we are really sold on
them. Williams is just not consistent enough for me. I hope Texas tech &
Utah go fairly far in the tournament so we can really see how these players
perform against top competition.    Battie has satisfied me with his play
against Colorado & Kansas.

Calling anyone "The next Larry Bird" would seem to be the kiss of death,
and turn them in to the next Danny Ferry.  I would be satisfied if Van Horn
turned into a Tom Gugliotta or Chris Mullin type player.

> From: JLyell <jlyell@concentric.net>
> To: Celtics <celtics@igtc.com>
> Subject: Jon Jennings input
> Date: Sunday, March 02, 1997 9:40 AM
>
> In January's Celtic Monthly, Director of Basketball Operations Jon
Jennings
> comments on this years upcoming draft. His response to a question from
CM: