Re: Pistons Edge Celts in OT: Detroit 106- Boston 100

*************************
Players- Williams- for at least the second game in a row, Williams had
a monster first quarter (10 points tonight) and then disappeared for
the remainder of the game, as the opposition made the adjustment to
double team him.  Eric scored 15 points on 6-16 shooting, had 5 boards
and 4 assists in 40 minutes.  Eric started out the game guarding Hill,
and although he got burnt pretty bad a couple of times, didn't seem to
be dong that badly.  But the rest of the Celts lacked confidence in
him, and were constantly leaving their men to help Eric out (or at
least try to).  Hill exploited the passing lanes that opened up to
give out easy baskets to the Piston (especially Thorpe and Ratliff).

Is it me, or is Eric Williams becoming Mr. First Quarter.  If the double teams
come he, and the rest of the team have to be ready for them, and respond.

Also, could someone explain to me.  How a team that is 11-44 and getting their
asses kicked (not so much this game), can bump chests, make faces and trash
talk so much.  I understand emotion and excitement, but when you are down by
15 and get a dunk, go back.  Don't hang around and talk, stare, yell.  Get
back and actually dig in on D.

Rich,,,

P.S.  I realize I will get flamed for this, but this sh*t drives me nuts.