More Mercer

There are a lot of questions regarding picking up Ron Mercer in the draft
(hopefully it won't come to that).  I'd like Celtics fans to consider a couple
points:

	1)  To we really risk the highest pick we've had in 17 years on a college
sophomore who will need 2-3 years to have a pro game?  Isn't it true that you
can find good 2 guards any year, anywhere in the draft  (Reggie Miller, Kerry
Kittles, Latrell Spreewell)?

	2)  Is Ron Mercer as good as Jerry Stackhouse, and if so does that mean a
player of that caliber cannot be expected to be an impact player (look at
Philly)?  A point guard might be more of an impact.

	3)  Who has Mercer played against that shows he will be good in the NBA?
Mercer has not really consistently dominated; he has had a few good games.

	4)  Why would we want Mercer for his defense and athletic ability when we
already have Greg Minor who does the same thing and has 3 years of NBA
experience already?

The only reason we should draft Mercer is because a.) we didn't get Duncan and
b.) Pitino will coach the Celtics if they draft Mercer.  Otherwise I think
Mercer is a huge gamble.  Let's get an experienced point guard like Jacque
Vaughn if we have the chance.

Lance