Re: The deal with Dino

JASpindler stated:

On a seperate topic, I would like to see the Celtics take a serious run at
McDyess.  Looking at Denver's current roster, the drafting of Battie makes
McDyess more expendable. Denver would want Billups, but I would hold on to
him.  I would propose Eric Williams (1.0M$ salary) and Denver's choice of
either Minor or Ellison (both at approx 1.8) for McDyess  (2.6M$).  Denver
is in need of a small forward, and could use help at either the 2 or the
center spot, so this is a "fair" deal for them, considering McDyess will
leave next year, and they get players at 2 positions in return.  This deal
allows Antoine to play the 3, and with McDyess at the 4 spot, a free agent
center such as DeClercq or Knight would nicely round out the picture.  If
McDyess goes FA next year, then we go back into the market.

I agree and would even consider offering next years first rounder.  Chances
are we won' get an athletic big man next year unless we stink it up as bad
as this year which is doubtful, but with the inexperience could happen.
Other teams like the Lakers will be offering a lot more than Williams &
Ellison.  I would offer Williams (since he will want about $3M at the end
of the year),  Barros & the #1 for McDyess and someone, maybe Dale Ellis,
as long as his contract is over next year and doesn't hurt our cap
situation.  Imagine landing McDyess without giving up Billups, maybe  and
Baker in 2 years ?  I also like the idea of pursuing Rasheed Wallace next
year, he played pretty good for Portland, and Boston now has a better
upside and could be more palatable.