The Radja affair

Peter May in his column writes:
But what does it say that Radja went behind the team's back to see other
doctors and never told Pitino? That's not good. We also know that Radja
could well have passed the Philly physical if he wanted to play there and
if the Sixers wanted him there. But the 76ers soured on the deal almost
immediately and found a way out. (Coach Larry Brown has a history of trying
to pull the bullet out of the body after realizing he has pulled the
trigger.)

***But what about this bone on bone shit that has been playing around for
the last couple of days. Can Radja play or not? After all it was
arthroscopic surgery not an ACL. Players in NFL come back from an
arthroscopic surgery in 2-3 weeks time..why is it, such a big deal then?

He further writes:
Radja back to Europe? It could happen, although his agent, Marc Fleisher,
says, ``I have no offers from anyone over there.'' Radja would be
surrendering $16.2 million over three years, and that kind of money simply
isn't being paid out overseas. He would have to settle for less, utilize
the freebies that come with every offer, and make it a lifestyle thing.

*** This Marc Fleisher guy is an expert at blowing somke screens. How can
the Greek team express any interest without Marc Fleisher being aware of
it. Regarding salary I thought Dominique had it pretty good..he was being
paid something like $9 mill for 2 years..the only thing they don't
appreciate is players feigning injury.

 ``He has felt for awhile that his [knee] injury is aggravated by
pounding,'' Fleisher said. ``The less he has to play, the less he has to
practice, then, obviously, the better he is. He is far better off playing a
40-game schedule than an 82-game schedule.

*** Yeah right, he wants the money but he does not want to practice and
play. By the way he has played an average of 40 -game schedule in the last
two years.

So the mechanism is there for Radja to return to Europe. He won't be paid
as much as he's getting now. But he may decide that not being wanted in
Boston, coupled with his own problems, may be enough to make him think
seriously about it

*** Yeah baby go for it, we will cheer you all along because if you come
back to fleet center you will get nothing but Boos.

- - Mishra