Re: Draft

- --------------AFE5FD16ADEFF0A15099D909

- --------------247468A953D3B45F91A4CF29

Ok, first point.  I say, lets not trade our new boys until we see what
they can do.  Just my feeling, you understand.

Next, I was a bit disappointed that we didn't choose Battie at the
three, and I've been doing some thinking about it (always a dangerous
thing, bear with me here).  Suppose that Pitino might have marginally
preferred Battie over Billups, or if not that, then suppose he wanted to
take a big man with one of these high picks (can't teach height and all
that).  Vancouver might have taken Billups, or stuck with Daniels.
Either way, Denver would then be faced with a choice between a point
guard and Ron Mercer, versus the choice they had, Battie and Mercer.
Hypothetically, Rick might have feared that in this situation,Mercer
would go at five, and Coach P decided he preferred the combination of
Billups and Mercer to the combination of Battie and anyone who might be
left at six if Billups and Mercer went 4-5, as was a definite
possiblility had Boston taken Battie at 3.  Twisted, ill-explained and
probably way off base, but it might have been a part of the C's
reasoning.

- --
Geoffrey H. Carr

English Instructor
Asahikawa Board of Education
Asahikawa, Hokkaido, Japan

Voice and Fax 81-166-36-2335
E-mail  boston@eolas-net.or.jp

Caelum non animum mutant qui trans mare current.

- --------------247468A953D3B45F91A4CF29

<HTML>
Ok, first point.&nbsp; I say, lets not trade our new boys until we see
what they can do.&nbsp; Just my feeling, you understand.

<P>Next, I was a bit disappointed that we didn't choose Battie at the three,
and I've been doing some thinking about it (always a dangerous thing, bear
with me here).&nbsp; Suppose that Pitino might have marginally preferred
Battie over Billups, or if not that, then suppose he wanted to take a big
man with one of these high picks (can't teach height and all that).&nbsp;
Vancouver might have taken Billups, or stuck with Daniels.&nbsp; Either
way, Denver would then be faced with a choice between a point guard and
Ron Mercer, versus the choice they had, Battie and Mercer.&nbsp; Hypothetically,
Rick might have feared that in this situation,Mercer would go at five,
and Coach P decided he preferred the <I>combination</I> of Billups and
Mercer to the <I>combination </I>of Battie and anyone who might be left
at six if Billups and Mercer went 4-5, as was a definite possiblility had
Boston taken Battie at 3.&nbsp; Twisted, ill-explained and probably way
off base, but it might have been a part of the C's reasoning.

<P>--
<BR>Geoffrey H. Carr

<P>English Instructor
<BR>Asahikawa Board of Education
<BR>Asahikawa, Hokkaido, Japan

<P>Voice and Fax 81-166-36-2335
<BR>E-mail&nbsp; boston@eolas-net.or.jp

<P>Caelum non animum mutant qui trans mare current.
<BR>&nbsp;</HTML>

- --------------247468A953D3B45F91A4CF29--

- --------------AFE5FD16ADEFF0A15099D909

begin:          vcard
fn:             Geoffrey  Carr
n:              Carr;Geoffrey
org:            Asahikawa Board of Education
adr:            Kyoinjutaku A-21;;Higashiasahikawa kita 1-6-8-8;Asahikawa ;Hokkaido;078;Japan
email;internet: boston@eolas-net.or.jp
title:          Instructor
tel;fax:        0166-36-2335
tel;home:       0166-36-2335