Re: my take on the Pippen situation

At 03:59 PM 6/25/97 +0100, you wrote:

>I'm with the rest of you who think that this deal isn't a good idea, and
>the reasons have already been given by most of you.  On the surface it
>doesn't make sense to trade for him because of his age, but let me propose
>two reasons why it may not be such a horrible idea.
>
>1) if getting Pippen is just trade bait.  Pippen would be a very attactive
>to a team that is in the running for a championship.  I guess that this
>isn't such a probable idea, because if the Bulls could get something good
>for Pippen from another team then they would have already done so and
>wouldn't be talking to Boston.

However, it is possible that what other teams are offering Chicago for
Pippen doesn't interest them, whereas #3 & #6 do.  In turn, the same
thing Chicago doesn't want may interest Pitino and cause him
to trade Pippen over afterwards.  For instance, what if Chicago doesn't
want Shawn Kemp, but Pitino does?  Just a thought.

Let's see what the coach is up to before assuming he's running us into
the ground.  I'm sure he's got a plan and will be very creative.

Kerry M. Kee                     kkee@highground.com
HighGround Systems               (508)263-5588 x144
1300 Mass. Ave, Suite 205        (508)263-5565 (fax)
Boxboro, MA 01719-2203