Re: my take on the Pippen situation

- --=_ORCL_11918316_0_11919706251639220
Content-Transfer-Encoding:7bit

> 1) if getting Pippen is just trade bait.  Pippen would be a very attactive
> to a team that is in the running for a championship.  I guess that this
> isn't such a probable idea, because if the Bulls could get something good
> for Pippen from another team then they would have already done so and
> wouldn't be talking to Boston.

It's clearly not just a trade bait otherwise there would have been a 3 way
deal.

> 2) the trade would free up the salary cap room in 97-98 that we would
> otherwise have invested in whoever we would take at 3 and 6.

It will open up 3-1/2 mill (chicken feed in todays NBA) but here is the
problem after signing Pippen the C's will be over the cap until his contract
expires. Pip by the way will demand a contract that pays him atleast 15-20
mill a year.

> With the 3 and 6 combined that would be about 3 or 4 million a year that we
could put
> twords one of the good free agents in the 97-98 free agent class.

You are forgetting that Luc makes 2.79 mill which is more than the salary of
the 3rd pick in the draft. So you are getting no cap relief.Be realistic a
team consisting of:
Pippen, Longley, Radja, Walker, Williams, Minor, Brown, Barros is not going to
win the Atlantic division forget about a championship.
                                       - Mishra

PS: How can RP be so dumb..this bloody trade does not compute anyway you look
at it.

- --=_ORCL_11918316_0_11919706251639220