Pitino

We shouldn't be so adverse to Pitino trading our draft picks. Every trade pitino
has attempted has netted us a player whose contract expires next year. That
gives us a great amount of freedom. If the players we trade for excel we can
sign them long term, if not their money can be better spent on the 98 crop of
free agents. He doesn't want our draft picks because they have a three year
guaranteed contract for three years, with no promise of their panning out. Even
if they do they're unrestricted free agents at the end of their tenure so the
celtics could be left without any compensation. By trading for Pippen, Pitino
gets the best of both worlds, for the year he's here Pippen will improve the
oft rudderless celtics with his defense and passing. By having Pippen man the
helm, Barros and Brown are free to bomb away on the wing without being too much
of an offensive liability. And if Pippen hates the celts? He's gone next year,
so he wouldn't be another albatross tied around our neck. Pitino could then use
Pippen's money to pay for free agents. In short, Pitino is not taking any
risks. He knows the celtics are seriously flawed so he's throwing away the
remnants of the 15 win team and making a new one under his competent guidance.

Noah

* CABBS (the Concord Academy Bulletin Board System) *
*Concord Academy, 166 Main Street, Concord, MA 01742 * 508.369.6080*
* http://www.concordacademy.org * postmaster@concordacademy.org *