Re: DEE BROWN

I have no problem of Dee as a player, Dee plays hard, plays bigger then 6'
1", brings energy to the game and could be an excellent player coming of
the bench in Rick's system. I have a problem with his salary. Under the
current configuration of the salary cap and rules, in a well managed team
the money goes to your 5 or atmost 6 best players..the others are suppose
to be making from bare min..to about 1.5 mil at max.

Dee has no chance of cracking the 5, unless he competes for the point, and
convinces Rick that he can play the point and we don't need to sign another
PG. Attempts in the past, to play him at point have failed..but that was
during Ford's reign who was a good coach, but had no patience with players.
Also, remember that Dee was, maybe still is a favorite of Dave Gavitt,
which might increase his chances of competing for the PG spot.

Dana in many ways is the same way and instead of dealing with all these
headaches I would rather see the two of them traded. Dana has a higher
trade value because of his shooting ability, in fact Portland is looking
for a similiar type of player and may well give us something in return.
Dee's contract on the other hand, scares away the takers unless they want
to unload there garbage on us. There were three notable inquiries regarding
Dee in the past two years, but ML did not like any of them. I belive, one
of the deals i.e. Dee for Hurley may still be there and Pitino will do well
to take that because Hurley makes marginally less money than Dee and his
contract is shorter by one year and also may be able to contribute as a
backup point <judging by his play at the season end>.

                                                                - Mishra