Re: Bye Bye Dino, Hello Flexibility!

Georgek27@aol.com wrote:

> With Dino gone we took care of a big part of our salsry cap problem - now if we can only deal just one of the other two we could live with the
one that's left.

The only problem is that most other GM's in the NBA don't have much of a
need for undersized, one-dimensional players with enormous contracts.

> Weatherspoon - don't know what his contract status is but I heard alot of interest in him around the league at the trading deadline. If we keep
him along with Walker & Williams - we end up with 3 versatile forwards
who can play either the 3 or 4. Odds are this is the end for Fox (and
forget Van Horn) unless one ot the 3 are dealt.
> Bingo!!  Is there any doubt that there is more to come from Ricky P?  The
Spoon is not exactly svelte enough to flourish in a "high energy,
fast-breaking offense, help defense style team".  So somebody will be
dealt, not named Walker.

Cage - this man is older than dirt so his contract can't run too much
longer.  He gives us a durable fill in at the 4 & 5.
> He is an experienced rebounder who knows how to properly box his man out,
which is exactly why he's still getting paid.  I'm not making the same
comparison, but remember what Paul Silas' rebounding meant to a certain
C's team years ago?

So much for Dino playing center here. What's next Rick?

Another reason why a trade is imminent.  Still no Center. How does Pitino
view the Fox situation?  Has anybody heard much?

> "You mean now I gotta start thinking about the Celtics again?" -- Charles Barkley

That's right, "Chuckles the Clown"!  Actually, I gained a smidgen of
respect for the Chuckster when he humbly tooted Utah's horn after the
Conference Finals.

Cecil