Re: Battie or McDyess

- ----------
> JOzersky stated:

> It's obviously an either/or, and for my part, I would rather have Battie
and> Williams and Mercer/Van Horn/Daniels than just McDyess alone.  How
good is Battie?  Don Leventhal says he is just scratchig the surface, and
says he is a hell of a shot blocker besides having a soft, deadly jumper
from twenty feet and in, besides a steadily improving jump hook and a spot
up shot a la Horace Grant.  Is he better than Grant?  Even if he isn't,
consider the potential all stars we can take along with him if only we
don't get suckered into this McDyess deal.  Unless, of course, we get the
fifth pick along with McDyess.  THEN i'm all in favor.

Actually Battie & Mcdyess have very similar games, and both would have to
bulk up to play the center position unless you have a couple of other big
bangers.

I still think Rick is blowing smoke and will take Mercer if available,
after Duncan he has the best potential of becoming a superstar.  If Philly
goes Thomas or Billups at 2, we take Mercer at 3, Battie, Daniels or Van
Horn will be available at 6.

We should not give up either of these picks for a Scottie Pippen who does
not fit in our rebuilding plans and if Mcdyess, Baker or Joe Smith are
offered, I would still only give up 1 pick. I think we still could get
Baker & 10 for say Williams or Radja & 6.  The biggest risk is they will be
free agents & some long term deal would be required or we could lose them