> >Celtic Pride Forever!
>
> I would definitely put Michael Jordan above either Wilt or Russell -- but
> that's a tough comparison, since they play such a different positions. The
> reason I would put Jordan higher is that he plays a much more rounded game
> than either of these two guys did. Wilt may have scored more points, but he
> was also bigger than just about everyone else in the league at the time.

Muresan is bigger than everyone else in the league now, and he's not
outscoring everyone.

> Jordan, on the other hand, is of moderate height, but makes up for it with
> speed, jumping ability and, most of all, skill.
>
> As for which team is the best this is also a tough comparison. As a Celts
> fan one is always looking for reasons to choose the home team. But the
> Celts in the 1960's at one point were playing in a league with only 8
> teams. I know there is a lot of talk about how the league has been diluted,
> etc. these days, but still it is easier to beat 7 other teams than it is to
> beat 30 other teams.

30 weak teams vs 8 teams with quality players at every position??
That's a tough call.

>I would put the Bulls pretty close to the old Celts.
> If they win again next year I don't think there is any question.

Don't get me wrong, Jordan is an absolutely fabulous player.  I would
argue, however, that the one reason he is so acclaimed is that he is a
'Media Darling'.  This guy being called the 'Greatest' also sells a lot
of NBA merchandise.  All of Jordan's hype is not about basketball
ability.