Ron Mercer

Most people on this list seem to agree we will be taking Ron Mercer with
the third pick so I thought I would post some stuff about him that I got
from ESPNet's NBA Draftracker
(http://espnet.sportszone.com/nba/draft97/)

Height: 6'7"
Weight: 210
Position: G-F
Age: 21

Quotes about him:

"Everybody says he's the second coming of Michael Jordan. I think the
proff will be if Rick Pitino takes him with the third pick. If he
doesn't, that will tell you a lot."

"He is obviously a guy with all of the NBA tools. He is very good in
transition. He's big and he's strong and he shoots the ball well. His
ability to run up and down the floor fits the NBA game perfectly."

*Named First Team All-America by the AP
*All American by USBWA, John Wooden, and Basketball Weekly
*SEC Player of the Year

G	FG PCT		FT PCT		RPG		APG		PPG
40	 .493		.782		5.2		1.93	18.1