Re: Draft Scenarioes

>III.
>        Team                    Player  Ht.     Pos.
>1.      San Antonio             Duncan  6-10    C
>2.      Philiadelphia   Battie  6-11    PF/C
>3.      Boston          Billups 6-3     PG
>4.      Vancouver               Mercer  6-7     SG
>5.      Denver          Foyle           6-9     PF
>6.      Boston          Van Horn        6-10    SF
>
>Daniels 6-4     PG
>Thomas  6-10    PF
>
>Boston gets: Billups and Van Horn
>
>Pintino loves Billups and knows he won't last
>past Denver at #5.  Vancouver takes Mercer and
>Denver selects Foyle.  Boston takes Van Horn as
>the best player available.
>

>IF Philiadelphia selects Battie, I think that
>Denver is the big question mark as to who will
>be available at #6.  Vancouver will almost
>certainly select a guard.  Anyone heard any
>rumors from Denver?

I read somewhere (it might have been on the OnHoops site <www.onhoops.com>)
that the new Denver GM (Alan Bristow?) is in love with Van Horn...If
Billups is gone (or possibly even if he is there, word also is that Denver
may be more interested in Daniels, but will sucumb to local pressure for
Billups) they will take him as insurance against L. Ellis getting hurt or
he and/or McDyess leaving this or next year, respectively.  So I don't
think that Van Horn would last past #5 if Billups is gone.

Along the Denver line, I remember reading in the Globe that Denver and
Boston almost pulled of a trade at the deadline last year sending Barros to
Denver.  But the Nuggets pulled out b/c of fears over his injury...what do
people think about a trade involving Barros? Maybe Barros and the #6 for
Denver's 2nd Round Pick and their #1 next year (and throw in something from
Denver, Todd Lichti, or whoever, to balance the cap situation?)?  What do
you think?