Foyle

Cool, Eben,

	Excellent to hear a good solid post on Foyle, even if it sets me
back on my hopeful-for-a-real-center butt.

	Based on your input, it looks like Pitino was not being
disingenuous after all.

	Not that I'm giving up on Foyle, but if that is the deal, then WHAT
THE HECK DO WE DO?

1) Please God let us not trade both picks + a runt contract for Vin Baker.
That price is WAY too high.  Would you trade Van Horn, Mercer, and one of
Brown/Barros for Vin Baker, Brevin Knight (Derek Anderson?), and what may
prove 2 years down the line to be insignificant cap room? I don't think so.

I would trade one of the picks and a player for Baker.  No more.  He's
good, but  using the same logic that Pitino did with Wesley and Fox, what
has he really done?  Never gotten to the playoffs.  Never WON on the team
level.  That factor seems to be hugely important to Pitino, and will affect
all of his decisions.

Additionally,  the last thing Chris Ford wants, if he is to remain with the
Bucks, is to have half his old team back.  Particularly Radja.  We've done
enough trading with them.  I'm sure Sherm and Dee would be excited about
reuning...heh.  And Sherm'd be really psyched to see Dana.  As I recall,
Sherm tore Dana a new a**hole to the tune of 27 pts/22 assists the year
Dana was the man in Philly.  Then got supplanted by him the next year.

2) It seems Pitino is high on Billups now.  I prefer Daniels, though only
on hearsay. I like the idea of a Daniels(6'4")/Wesley backcourt, ala
KJ?Kidd. Daniels wants to work out for Pitino again.  Seems he had some
knee soreness when he was here before and wants to come back and show what
he can really do.  I like that attitude.  It's nice to hear that players,
for the first time in YEARS, actually _want_ to come to Boston.  This is
good.

3) I do not like the gaping hole at center that exists right now.  But if
Foyle cannot address that, so be it.  But Pitino, remember, is looking 2-3
years down the road.  He knows that no on one (except me) expects him to
make the playoffs this year.  His job right now is to build, and I believe
that with Antoine Walker, Eric Williams, a healthy Dino Radja, a re-signed
David Wesley and 2 top 6 picks, the tools are there to begin doing so.

KEEP the PICKS, RICK.

Chris