Foyle

  I have been reading the posts on Foyle as a new member of the list and
I think this is as good a time as any for my first addition to the discussion.
I went to Colgate myself and graduated in '96 after enjoying 2 trips to the
NCAA's on Adonal's shoulders... I have also played against him in the
gym a few times and in one 3 on 3 tournament when he was a
freshman...although I don't know him all that well personally, I have talked
to him a few times and most recently spoke with him at a bar during
Colgate's graduation about 3 weeks ago. He is a really great guy, he has
a terrific attitude and is very intelligent and hard working....Despite all of
this though, I think it would be a big mistake for the Celts to take Foyle
with the #3 pick in the draft. He just isn't THAT good...not yet anyway. He
is a big body (although not big enough to play center in the NBA by any
stretch) and has great defensive skills and instincts...the man blocked
more shots in 3 years at Colgate then anyone else in NCAA history if I am
not mistaken. But he has no offensive moves whatsoever and he turns
the ball over more then you could imagine...he is really raw in that
sense....I mean the kid didn't start playing ball until he was a teenager
and even then not in a real program. Anyway, not to ramble on but Foyle
is no #3 pick...#6 maybe if Pitino likes him and wants to take on a project
but not #3...He has a huge up-side but is really unproven after playing at
a school like Colgate against the competition of the Patriot league game in
and game out.
Eben