Greg Minor

   Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 23:00:31 -0800
   From: Nault <rnault@ptialaska.net>

   Well it matters to me.  It matters knowing that the Celtics have a deadbeat
   dad on their team.  It matters to me that the guy doesn't even care about
   his own chidlren.  It matters to me that he feels no inclination at all
   towards helping them.  That matters to me a lot.  If Antoine Walker was the
   same, I would want him to be dumped off the team too. I guess its just a
   matter of priorities, but on my priority scale family goes way before
   basketball.

Whoops ... what about Robert Parish (alleged wife beater, pot smoker) and
Larry Bird (who has been accused of ignoring his illegitimate child, not
even acknowledging her existence at his retirement)?  What about Magic
Johnson who slept around with thousands of women before he announced that
he had AIDS and then married his "childhood sweetheart" and the mother of
his illegitimate children?

This is not that I support Minor, but Bird and Parish seem to me to be less
than exemplary fathers and husbands ... but somehow this gets ignored one
way or another by the press and the fans.

- -Andy