Re: #55

>        If Mercer and Daniels are the best players availabe at 3 and 6.  I
>say take them.  That would give us one hell of a backcourt.  If we don't
>get a big guy with those two picks we have to take one at 55, even though
>he'll be a useless stiff.  We should also try to sign Andrew DeClerq to a
>small two year deal (ie 500k a year).

I couldn't agree more and wouldn't be suprised if Pitino did sign DeClerq.
He coached Kentucky when DeClerq led the University of Florida (my alma
mater) to the Final Four in 1994 and was really impressed by Andrew, I seem
to remember him waxing ecstatic about him after a UK-UF game--talking about
his heart and hustle (I think Drew had 20 rebounds or something like that).

DeClerq would fit great in Pitino's system...6-10, can run the floor and
block shots.  His biggest attribute and why Pitino liked him is that he
hustles every single play and has a great attitude. He was not a star in
college, but is a SOLID player (just the guy you want at #8-10 on the
bench).  I saw him play for Golden St. last year and he looked a little
less fluid than in college, but he wasn't really getting any significant
mins with GS.  I still think we should have picked him instead of Junior B
in 1995 (he went one pick after JB to Golden St.)