Pitino quotes from Globe

Would he trade either of his top two draft picks (Nos. 3 and 6 overall)?
``I'm definitely open to it,'' says Pitino. ``My sentiment would be that I'm
not leaning toward doing it, but if
someone gave us a solid basketball player, I would trade either one. We do
have a plan for those two picks,
but in case I do trade one, we want to be able to think about a guy like
Austin Croshere, who figures to be
chosen around 12-14.''
Maybe he's using some Auerbachian strategy, but Pitino doesn't sound eager to
pick Colgate center Adonal
Foyle.
``The kid is very intelligent,'' he says. ``I remember him from recruiting
him when he was in high school.
We worked him out and he's actually a little small. He's only 6-9 and he's
not an NBA center. He's a power
forward with tremendous upside. In three or four years he could be an
outstanding player.''
Pitino says he worked out six potential draftees, plus Celtic players Eric
Williams and Dana Barros. He
wants to see Rick Fox play. He's content with Brandeis as a practice facility
until the Celtics build something
of their own.