Re: Thinking aloud

- ----------

> I think Rick has made up his mind to trade both  the picks and that's
one> reasons why C's are working out players who will be picked within
10-16th. The 10th belongs to Milwaukee and  the 16th to the Clippers which
forces one to wonder if there is already a trade in works for Vin Baker,
and if they trade with Cleveland or Dallas or Clippers, who would the C's
send along to dump some salary with the 6th pick..my hunch is Dana, because
the Globe reported that both Rick & Red were present during his workout and
were checking on his rehabilitation. What do you guys think ?
>                                                                      -
> Mishra

if we move both picks we better get a bonified young star & a potential
star like Sprewell & Smith.  I have mixed feelings on Baker since , if we
manage the cap correctly we can get him in a year for nothing, why trade
for him now when we can keep the picks and add him later ? I would rather
wait & get Mercer, Billups or Van Horn & Baker in a year then get Baker
now.  If they want to throw Ray Allen in some package we should consider
it.   I think Milwaukee, Golden State, Washington,  & Indiana have some
stars but need to make some moves because they are underachieving with
their current lineups. As far as the Clippers or Dallas, I don't think they
have anything that could help us that is worth these picks.  Cleveland, I
would consider moving 6 for their 13 & 16 but we better know who we want
there will be available since we dropped from 31 to 55 in the second round.