Re: 4pm news conference

Jason Drisko wrote:

> 4) Red was the one who continually harped Pitino to take a look at Massenburg.
>     (Which is odd because if he was that interested why was he not here longer
>      than 10 days back in 91-92)

In all fairness, the Tony Massenberg we signed today is a much tougher
and more intelligent and versatile defender than when he made that
appearance on the C's bench in '91-'92.  When he was traded from the
Raptors to Jersey, many Raptor faithful bemoaned his inclusion in the
deal, as he had quickly grown into a fan favorite in Toronto because of
his toughness and determination.  I remember the way he planted Michael
Hawkins to the floor last season with a perfectly clean, yet, devastating
screen.  It will be a pleasure watching him bring that grittiness, along
with DeClercq, to Beantown.  Massenberg is also no slouch at running
the floor.  I'm not saying they are the second coming of Karl Malone, but
they are certainly head and shoulders above what we suffered with last
year, with all due respect to Marty Conlon.

These signings, along with Knight, gives us somebody who will provide
invaluable assistance to Antoine crashing the o. boards as well as guys
who will not be scared to make a sincere attempt at a box-out.  That was
sadly lacking with last years edition (I know, along with a host of other
items).  I think Pitino is making some intelligent moves that will pay
off.