Re: 4pm news conference

[SKMISHRA.US.ORACLE.COM wrote]

> Any news from the 3 pm press conference, apart from the three signings? -

  Hmmm...

1) Well we learned that Pitino is easily excitable:

"I'm excited about the opportunity to coach xxx"
"I'm very excited to have xxx on board."
"It looks like it's going to be an exciting season."
etc.

2) Rick still wishes that he could have Fox and Conlon on the team next year.
(Thank Dino and agent Marc Fleisher for that one Rick)

3) It sounded like the deals that were given today may have been longer than
the 1 year that Massenburg and Bowen deserve.

4) Red was the one who continually harped Pitino to take a look at Massenburg.
    (Which is odd because if he was that interested why was he not here longer
     than 10 days back in 91-92)

5) It appears that we will not even try to contend in the major free-agent
	spree next summer.  Pitino seems to think that all of the big name
	players are going to stay where they are because only the teams that
	they play for can offer the money that they want.  It's not exactly
	the attitude I would hope Pitino would have.  How about taking care
	of the power forward spot with Baker next year Rick??

		Laytah,

		Jason

  Jason A. Drisko               	Email: drisko@ics.com
  Integrated Computer Solutions		WWW:   http://www.ics.com/~drisko
  201 Broadway 				Voice: (617) 621-0060
  Cambridge, MA 02139          		Fax:   (617) 621-9555