Re: 4pm news conference

Jason Drisko wrote:

> 5) It appears that we will not even try to contend in the major free-agent
>         spree next summer.  Pitino seems to think that all of the big name
>         players are going to stay where they are because only the teams that
>         they play for can offer the money that they want.  It's not exactly
>         the attitude I would hope Pitino would have.  How about taking care
>         of the power forward spot with Baker next year Rick??

as I suggested previously, all is getting ready for the A Walker
signing, guess what that means. Rick loves a player in that draft class
aside from Antoine. The Celts will have a point guard, off guard and a
small forward to build on. Meaning the Celtics WILL go after a power
forward or center before resigning Antoine, which basically means look
for a signing of Shareef Abdur-Rahim type player. Athletic, fast,
intelligent, I'd love to see him come to the C's.

Warwick