Re: chew on this

- ----------
> I would not go for that Derrick Coleman trade, giving up 3 "good" players
for Coleman?  Coleman is always fat and overweight.  He is hogging big
salary anyway, so why would we want him?  I might go for a Pervis Ellison
and Minor trade, but not 3 of those players.  Also, that trade would never
> go through since Coleman's salary isn't close to those 3 combined.

Actually I think it is.  I believe he is supposed to make a ridiculous $11M
this year or next.  I agree we do not need Derrick Coleman unless his
contract is up next year & we can dump the salary, or move him to Detroit,
but I think he has a  few years left.  How many years does Thorpe have left
?  This could really free up some cap room for a McDyess if he is up next
year

I was thinking about Larry Brown's move to pick Van Horn & thwart Pitino's
trade plans were actually a blessing in disguise for us and helped the
Celtics add 2 young potential stars. Unless Rick had plans to move Pippen
for a McDyess or Kemp or someone, if this trade would have happened and we
kept Pippen, what better could you ask for a rival in about 2-3 years
having to start from scratch again ?

Also his subsequent trade for a questionable Tim Thomas could have made
Philly worse.  I guess only time will tell.

> That 3 team trade would be an excellent on for us of course, and seems
fair for all teams involved.  We would give up EW and Barros and get Baker;
hey that sounds pretty good.  I don't know if Milwaukee would like that
deal, although they would get 2 solid forwards, but they really don't need
big
> men.  I would think that Barros would probably goto Milwaukee and EW
would goto NJ.  Milwaukee might go for that, since they need a pg.