Re: Shaq would take MJ to the cleaners one on one.

Timothy Jordan wrote:

> I mean that MJ couldn't beat all 4 of those players together in a
> 4-on-1
> matchup.  MJ would beat everyone one-on-one, but not 4-on-1.
>
> > ----------
> > > From: Ed Boggess
> > following

> GOD...
> > Idoubt he could beat 2 of those one-on-one.  If I had a choice, I
> would
> > takethose 4 players, rather than Jordan, although I hold Jordan in
> the
> > highestregard, one reason because he has a great last name. :-)
> >
> > I would take Jordan over those guys any day.  He has proven he is
> the
> man,
> > the others have not proven anything other than being overpaid stiffs
> who
> > can't bring it when there team needs it.  Mourning sucked big time
> last
> > year against the Bulls & the Knicks , Ewing dominated him, if it
> weren't
> > for Charlie Wards attempt to audition for Rodman's wrestling
> partner,
> Miami
> > would have been gone earlier. Howard has proved only mediocre &
> Payton
> > slightly above average but still not the best team player.
> >

> > > Hey Tim. Ok, I'm VERY curious about your prediction. These 4 guys
> are
> > good,
> > > but which of them has a legitimate chance of beating MJ one on
> one???
> The
> > > only one in my opinion with a small chance may be Payton, and that
> is
> > going
> > > out on a limb. MJ, in my mind, is the greatest one on one player
> ever
> > > play the game. And he hasn't lost too many steps in his game
> basically.
> > He
> > > may not be the best team player, but I would take him against any
> of
> > those
> > > guys every time on the court. Anybody else have any opinions? I
> know a
> > lot
> > > of us aren't MJ fans, but I will give him the credit he deserves.
> > >
> > > -Bird33

Michael could score, but how could he stop Shaq one on one going to the
goal.  I find this to be somewhat absurd.  At least a match up like
Magic and Bird would have been a real matchup.  To assume that MJ could
beat Shaq one on one, I think is a very poor assumption.  Especially
since one on one is make it take it.  MJ's shooting percentage means
that he would miss.  I can then see Shaq, or even Zo, time after time,
backing him down and dunk dunk dunk.  MJ does not have the body to stop
those two.  Nah, this is not even thinkable.

Now, Howard he probably would beat and Payton is straight up even odds.
MJ is not quick enough to stay with Payton but is bigger and can get up.
Their skills offset each other.  I give the edge to MJ, but Payton could
win if he made his outside shots.  But, I am not convinced MJ, Bird or
Magic would beat Wilt one on one, make it take it.  How would they stop
him?

This is not a realistic situation to even compare their skills.  And for
that matter, Magic could play center, MJ couldn't, but MJ would fare
better against Magic than Shaq.

MJ is the best in the game today, but Bill Russell was and still is the
best ever.  That's what opinons are for.

Peace,
- --
Bentz
bocelts@scsn.net