Re: god

Ronald H. Evans wrote:

> At 12:55 AM 7/27/97 -0400, you wrote:
> >Does Jordan, his agent or the Bulls give a damn about us fans?  No,
> and
> >we end up with spoiled brats like AW arguing with DJ and insulting
> him.
> >Blaming DJ, because he is a big baby trying to pad his stats.  No,
> the
> >game today is run by agents and spoiled children.  Why does Jordan
> need
> >or want $40,000,000.  Hell, I say the Bulls ought to not sign Jordan
> and
> >donate the money to the City of Chicago to pay cops and teachers.
> That
> >would be a better use of the money.
> >
> >This thread just shows that sports fans, agents and players have lost
> >touch with values.  And have turned them upside down.
> >

>         IMO Jordan's greed and basketball's problems with salary, are
> just
> an indicator of greater problems in America. Greed is not basketball's
> problem alone. For every Jordan there are twenty CEOs trying to get
> more
> money at the expense of their employees. For every CEO there are
> millions of
> workers trying to screw each other over to "get ahead".
>         America has lost any coherent unity. People think of their
> individual needs and wants rather than the needs of America or
> humanity as a
> whole. Whatever they do they do strictly for their own personal gain
> --the
> rest of the world and future generations be damned. Basketball is only
> an
> extension of this malady. Why should Antoine or Michael settle for
> less
> money for the benefit of the fans? The owners sure don't. This is an
> American evil not one of basketball.

> Noah

Noah:

That is what I am talking about. Let's not forget insurance companies
and the doctors and hospitals (some are being investigated for crimes)
telling Congress we need no health plan.  I pay over $500 a month for my
family's insurance.  Every couple of months, if they find a service we
actually use, they then begin to claim that it is not covered.  I
believe that health care may be one of the biggest scams going on today.

And let's close plants, lay people off, send jobs overseas, so we can
have a good quarter and make $2,000,000 in stock options.  It is a
disease eating us from inside.

Peace,
- --
Bentz