Re: god

You hit on my point exactly. If the public doesn't pay these inflated
prices, the prices will fall (along with salaries). Certainly, the
league will not collapse though. And certainly, large law firms along
with all large firms have helped to create the problem of inflated
prices. Too many fans (in my opinion) are willing to pay enormous
amounts of money to see a game. (I commend you for sticking to your
principles) For years, owners "lost" this money to scalpers. I am not
that old (actually I am in law school now) but I remember going to
Hartford Whaler games and Celtics games in Hartford and there were
always scalpers outside each game making tons of money. In recent
years those scalpers have diminished in number. What scalpers used to
make goes to the owners now. Fans have always been willing to pay big
bucks to watch games. Now that the prices have increased, it is
easier to see how much they are willing to pay. Corporate purchasers
fill in the empty seats when simple customers, um I mean fans, are
priced out of the market. One last note, the last major sport to not
give into inflated prices is finally giving in. Golf is experimenting
with a system that allows fans (mostly corporate I guess) to purchase
premium tickets and the tour will reserve space for them to watch and
follow their favorite golfer.