Re: Lamar Odom

> ESPN reported that Lamar Odom is pissed of by allegations of cheating etc
would like to pursue pro-career. This guy is 6' 9" and coming out of high
school was rated higher than Tracy McGrady. Pitino wanted an SF to fill the
void created by Fox's departure. This guy could be it..if the celtics could
> get him, it will be a real feather in Pitino's cap.
> Now clearly teams have to be under the cap to sign him. Teams likely to
compete for his services would be as under: Celtics, Cavaliers, Toronto,
Grizzlies, Clippers, Denver.

> Let's analyze the cap situation of these teams:
> Celtics: After signing of two first rounders & Knight, the C's are 2.8 +
<amount by which the cap goes up>. I have not accounted for DeClercq
because that news could very well be a rumour.

> What do you all think about Odom's potential and his liklihood of being a
> celtic.
>                                                                      -
> Mishra

I read that this morning and was thinking the same thing.  It will take 3-4
years for him to really mature,  but has a lot of potential.  He is a lot
like Tim Thomas,  about 6'9" with a lot of athletic ability, and would be a
great find and someone who Pitino could mold into a star.  I would hope he
could be lured by Pitino & the upside of the Celtics than higher offers
from other teams.