Re: RE: Vin Baker

- --=_ORCL_12526200_0_11919707221854230
Content-Transfer-Encoding:7bit

> I agree with you that Baker is a very talented player, but what will
> Baker by himself be able to accomplish in Boston? Milwaukee is unlikely
> to give up Baker for Billups, Williams and deadwood. If they did, then
> what would we do for a point guard?

Suppose for the sake of argument we give away Billups + Williams + Barros +
1st rounder in 99 for Baker and Elliot Perry. We have the following lineup:
PG: Brown , Perry
SG: Mercer, Minor
SF: Walker, ??
PF: Baker,  Andrew DeClercq
C:  Knight, Ellison

This is a good team with a bonafide star. we are weak at center and pg, the
former we can have only serviceable one's but a good pg can be aquired. We all
know that it is easier to aquire a star guard <unless he happens to be MJ or
maybe Penny Hardaway> then to aquire a PF or a center.

> I think we need to be patient here. The nucleus is beginning to develop
> - let's see how it performs next season before making any judgements as
> to replacements/trades, etc.

I don't see the value of patience here, we need to improve our team right now.
we need to go to playoffs the coming season. Coaches who wait for talent to
develop are losers in my book and you can lookup any number of examples.

> What do you think of getting de Clerq instead of Weatherspoon and Cage?

DeClercq is a good backup and I have watched him quite a lot since I live in
sanfrancisco. He gives us some atheleticism and rebounding but he is terribly
foul prone and misses lot of easy put-ups. He is a hardworking guy which is a
big positive but I don't see him playing more than 15 minutes. Weatherspoon on
the otherhand could have been a starter at PF but then our front line becomes
small and I hate that. We need size and that's one reason why I like Baker. He
can postup, rebound, block shots, play defense and vitually guarantees 20 pts
and 10 boards almost every game. This would specially be valuable, keeping in
mind that we are not going to see even half of that kind of production from
our center.
                                      - Mishra

- --=_ORCL_12526200_0_11919707221854230