RE: Vin Baker

>----------

Actually, you could look at it a slightly different way - Hardaway's
ability to get the outside shots makes Mourning a threat inside!
Alright, alright, it's a question of the chicken or the egg....

>We are not giving too much, if you go by Pitino's analysis he was willing
>to give up Mercer & Billups for a scottie, and had pippen been 27 years old
>that would have been outstanding trade. I was proposing to give Billups &
>Williams & a deadwood for a perennial all star.

This was one move I'm thankful didn't pan out. As two or three people on
the list have already mentioned, why pick at #3 and #6 if you are going
to trade away those picks without even giving them a chance to play?

>Winning as a team is an altogether different matter..it needs many
>ingredients, talent is only one of them. Washington Bullets are one of the
>most talented sides in the NBA and yet they barely scraped into the
>playoffs. Milwaukee hasn't been able to develop that winning chemistry, you
>can blame it on any number of things. We are evaluating Baker as a talented
>player and there is no question that he is a very talented player.
>                                                            - Mishra

I agree with you that Baker is a very talented player, but what will
Baker by himself be able to accomplish in Boston? Milwaukee is unlikely
to give up Baker for Billups, Williams and deadwood. If they did, then
what would we do for a point guard?

I think we need to be patient here. The nucleus is beginning to develop
- - let's see how it performs next season before making any judgements as
to replacements/trades, etc.
What do you think of getting de Clerq instead of Weatherspoon and Cage?

venkat

- --=_ORCL_12526200_0_11919707221854230--