Re: Vin Baker

From: casey soulies <corndog@rcip.com>
I respect all of the your thoughts but why give up your future (billips,
williams, ect...) for a player who hasn't even went to the play-offs yet.

That says more for the quality of his team than himself.  basketball is a
team sport.  Baker has proven he could be a valuable piece, the others have
not.

> Let me draw an analogy here, Riley when he had to rebuild the Heat did
all to aquire that one special player  who could take him to the next
level. Many may feel that Alonzo hasn't proven himself at the highest
level, but
> still has Miami has gone to playoffs two years in a row. I feel that Vin
> can make that kind of impact for us. If you look at the predictions on
this mailing list, they are between <35-42>, add Baker to our lineup and I
belive we will win 45.

> > Vin  might be an all-star but, Chauncey and Eric could also be stars
down the road.  If Vin is willing to sign for less than his market value
just to play for the C's than bring him on.  But, giving up 2 or 3 players
plus another draft pick, would be moving in the wrong direction.

I would move Billups & Williams for Baker right now.  As was stated, Baker
has shown he ca be an all-star on a bad team, Williams and Billups have
shown nothing.  I also do not expect to see Eric Williams on an all-star
team unless he significantly improves his game,  There are a lot more
talented 3's,  and he is nowhere near to be in say a Grant Hill's league.

> I think the keyword here is "is", Vin is an all star. Billups has to take
> that first step, he could be a bust also, nobody has seen him play
against
> NBA competition. Williams is a good player but he is not an all star. In
my
> view I am willing to give any number of good players, to aquire a star
who
> can take us to the next level.
>
> > Vin is good, but the combo of Walker, Williams, Billips and Mercer
could
> > bring us a title...
>
> Vin Baker is very good and I belive that a lineup of Baker, Walker &
Mercer