RE: Vin Baker

The Riley analogy, Mishra, is incomplete. Don't forget Tim Hardaway was
a huge part of Miami's success, I dare say, more so than Mourning. One
of the reasons I say this is because Mourning almost disappeared against
the Bulls, except for one game. Alonzo also has a pretty good supporting
cast in PJ Brown, Voshon Leonard and the centre who substitutes for him
- - Austin? or something - I can't remember.

My problem with the trade for Vin Baker is that we are giving up too
much to acquire just that one player. The combination of Walker,
Williams, Mercer, Billups and the rest is definitely a threat,
especially when you consider the fact that they are being coached by
Pitino. I'm not saying we are championship material with these guys in,
but let's see how well/badly they do before wishing Baker were a part of
the team. After all, he and Glenn Robinson haven't exactly turned
Milwaukee around.

It's too bad that Rick Fox will no longer be a part of this team. With
the kind of work ethic he has, he would have set a fine example to the
youngsters. I hope that Dee Brown at least will snap out of his
I'm-going-to-sulk-until-I'm-traded mood and try to live up to the
potential he showed during his first year in Boston.

  venkat