Re: Could the current roster beat last year's team?

> Is there anyone out there who thinks that Travis Knight and Declerq will
have better years than Battie and Foyle?

I think they very well could be. They probably won't be the shot blockers
the others are, but have other upsides.  Knight has a good perimeter game
which really adds a lot and makes the big man come out to guard him opening
the inside for guys like Walker , Williams & Declercq.

Conversely, will Billups and Mercer be SO much better than Fox and Wesley
have already proven they are?  I really don't think so though I hope I'm
wrong.

Expecting this is putting a lot o pressure on rookies but once again these
guys definitely have the upside potential.  Mercer & Billups could
definitely become Grant Hill Gary Payton type players in 2-3 years.  Other
than last year Fox & Wesley had been simply mediocre players.

> Call me crazy, but wouldn't that have created much greater depth and
better overall talent?

Keeping Wesley & Fox would have definitely added more veteran leadership,
but things did not work out and we need to move on.  It is not like we lost
any real star.