Re: brian grant

We don't have chance at Kevin Garnett, the bidding starts at 25 mill.
Chicago & Phoenix are two teams I belive who will try and outbid everybody
else.

Why would we even want Garnett ?  I would prefer a Antonio McDyess or
Rasheed Wallace, especially if we are talking anything above $7M a year for
Garnett.  What has this guy done to deserve this ?  Wallace & McDyess are
better suited for the 4/5 spot I believe.  Garnett is too thin and we
already have an undersized Knight.  Maybe a new concept, the "Thin Towers "
?

> Cap-room is all well and good but RP has to play this season and also
show sufficient improvement. He feels that Knight can play center for the
C's, some on this mailing list feel otherwise. We have to wait and see what
the finished product looks like. One thing is that if Knight performs upto
RP's expectations then Knights market value will be much greater than 3
mill/year and RP will be able to do what Jerry West did with Vlade Divac.

I think we will be surprised with Knight. He has a good work ethic and a
nice short range jumper.  We will have to wait & see what kind of pounding
he takes going 35 minutes a game in the paint.

> > I don't know what to make of Big> Country's contract extension.
Obviously they didn't want to lose him to
> > free agency next year, but I don't think anyone would have made him
that
> > kind of offer.
>
> In Big Country's case the word is that Phoenix Suns let it be known
around that they would be interested in him in the coming season. Though
this is tampering, but this sort of things are hard to prove so Vancouver
had to take a quick action.

> > Did Toronto resign Doug Christie for four years at $20M??!!!
> Yes.

Is that insane or what ?  Up until last year this guy has been a major
flop.