Re: brian grant

- ----------
> From: Jeremy <jwarren@emerald.tufts.edu>
> With that kind of money we might have a shot at Kevin Garnett, which
would give the team championship potential
> after a few years of development/experience.

We don't have chance at Kevin Garnett, the bidding starts at 25 mill.
Chicago & Phoenix are two teams I belive who will try and outbid everybody
else.

> 	That's what really disturbs me about the Travis Knight signing.
> Hopefully he'll be a solid player, but his contract will take away about
> $2.3M of next year's cap space.

Cap-room is all well and good but RP has to play this season and also show
sufficient improvement. He feels that Knight can play center for the C's,
some on this mailing list feel otherwise. We have to wait and see what the
finished product looks like. One thing is that if Knight performs upto RP's
expectations then Knights market value will be much greater than 3
mill/year and RP will be able to do what Jerry West did with Vlade Divac.

> I don't know what to make of Big
> Country's contract extension.  Obviously they didn't want to lose him to
> free agency next year, but I don't think anyone would have made him that
> kind of offer.

In Big Country's case the word is that Phoenix Suns let it be known around
that they would be interested in him in the coming season. Though this is
tampering, but this sort of things are hard to prove so Vancouver had to
take a quick action.

> Did Toronto resign Doug Christie for four years at $20M??!!!
Yes.
                                          - Mishra