RE: Outlaw or Strong...

>>I would much rather have Strong. He can hit the jumper W/in his
>>range (18 ft). He is also much stronger and a far better free throw
>>shooter. I really doubt he will come for less than a Mill.
>
>Here are Derek Strong's salaries for the last 3 seasons:
>
>94-95 Boston .... $  500,000
>95-96 Lakers .... $1,000,000
>96-97 Orlando ... $  247,500
>
>Considering that he made the minimum last year, the Celtics
>might be able to sign him for several hundred thousand, especially
>if they make it a 2-3 year contract (Derek Strong is 29).  I seem
>to remember that the Celtics offered him a 3 year deal back in
>1995 but he chose to sign with the lakers for 1 year instead.

My memory might be faulty, but I believe the Celtics were looking to
offer him a 4-year deal at around $6 million.  He wanted $8 million and
started looking elsewhere.  The best he could find is a 1-year deal for
$1 million (Doh!)

I imagine he is probably going to go for $1-1.5 million this summer . . .

 --Bri