Re: Phoenix Suns

Adi Inbar wrote:

> "Julie H. and Shawn H." <hiraham@erols.com> writes:
> > I think Ainge did an awesome job in Phoenix.  Seems to me with their
> > re-signings of KJ, Chapman, Llamas, Hot Rod, and Bryant (all but the
> > last to one year deals), they are looking to make one more push for a
> > ring with KJ rather than tanking it.
>
> Did I miss something?  I thought KJ officially announced his
> retirement.  Has he been taking lessons from Michael Jordan?

Yes, you missed a lot.  For one thing, KJ never officially retired.  For
another, he signed for another year.

> >                                       'Nique has proven he had more game
> > left than what we saw in Boston and if he'll sign for just one year,
>
> The hell he did.  He sucked in San Antonio just like he did in
> Boston.  The only real service he did for them was helping them get
> Tim Duncan by playing piss-poor basketball and making them suck all
> season.  I thought Jerry Colangelo was one of the absolute best GMs in
> the NBA, but if he wants _ominique Wilkins, I have to seriously
> question that assessment.

Actually if you saw him play last year you would know he sucked in quite
a different way from how he sucked in Boston.  He was the go to guy at
the end of games and he was neither tentative nor clueless in his shot
selection.  He drove to the hole and he still got the calls from the
refs  (ie:  never got whistled for travelling, palming, etc. went to the
stripe on phantom fouls).  Sure, his team sucked and most of those games
where he was scoring at the end were still losses.  Not my point.  The
man was never a passing forward who sought to make his teammates better;
not at Georgia and not at Atlanta.  I thought it was ridiculous that so
many Boston fans were so excited about getting him because he has never
had a Celtic game.  I thought it was unfair when they turned on him when
he failed to deliver on their unreasonable expectations (read:
fantasies).  He was asked to do things here that are not at the core of
his game, lost confidence and wound up in europe.  IMHO, he proved that
he can still be an NBA 4th qt. guy, someone who puts points on the
board, either from the floor or the stripe, in tight games.

> > up a roster spot for 'Nique.  So a Barros for Person & Ceballos deal
> > makes sense for them.
>
> What kind of sense does that make?  They already have a 6'1"/6'2"
> backcourt, what do they need Barros for?

You know, my grandma always said, "better to say nothing and let people
think you're a fool than to open your mouth and prove it."  Let's see...
Chapman=6'4	Dumas=6'6	Kidd=6'4	Nash=6'3	Person=6'6
To which "6'1/6'2 backcourt" were you referring, exactly?
> >Dino's knees were "bone on bone" right?
>
> No, that was his head.

LOL.  At least you're an entertaining fool...