> Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 20:19:09 -0400
> From: "Timothy Jordan" <patsrule90@geocities.com>
> Subject: Re:
>

> > ESPN is reporting that Pitino says that if Radja who was scheduled to
> make
> > about $5.6 million next season and is under contract to Boston for three
> > years. If he leaves, we will have about $2.8 million to work with. So it
> > appears that there is something in the collective bargaining
> agreement(cba),
> > which says that the C's will have to retain (5.8 (the salary Radja would
> have
> > made had he stayed in boston) - 3 (salary he will make) = 2.8 mill in the
> cap
> > unless Radja voids his contract. Bad scene. - Mishra
>
> Why did we ever sign this guy long term?

Because Radja is all-in-all a decent basketball player, and was the
leading scorer for the Celtics. Now that he is gone its easy to question
his contract, etc., but that is 20-20 hindsight. Radja is gone because
he didn't fit in well with Pitino's running game, not because he is not
a good basketball player or not worth the money.

Unfortunately Radja's injuries were too severe to enable him to play for
a team in a cold climate. But miraculous things do happen, and it seems
that the balmy climes of the Greek Isles have worked wonders on his knee
condition.

- -Marc