Re: Getting back Fox, Conlon and maybe someone else

> > Is Brian Grant a free agent now, or is he simply a speculated free
agent.

> Brian Grant is a free agent, the kings also want to sign him to a long
term  deal but they don't want to piss-off Mitch Richmond in doing so. They
are in a  precarious situation, Grant defensively is every bit as good as
Joe Smith &  Antonio McDyess but then he will also come cheaper and if we
can get this  Radja situation sorted out,we should target him.  He is a
legit 6' 9", 250 lbs with long arms and with desire to wrestle in the
> paint.

I agree Grant was a good physical 4, but he seems to fit the same mold as
Walker.  I don't think he has the athletic ability of McDyess or Smith,
especially coming off a major injury.  He is a Laphonso Ellis/Danny Manning
waiting to happen.  I don't think we want to make a long term offer to a
guy who has had a major injury, and we are stuck with another Dino
Radja/Pervis Ellison for another 5 years.Isn't that why we all want Dino &
Pervis out ?  You also have to realize McDyess & Smith are what 22 ?  In
the right system I think McDyess will be a star, it took Shawn Kemp about 5
years to take off. Smith unless he bulks up, is probably better suited for
the 3 spot.