Re: Phoenix Suns

SKMISHRA.US.ORACLE.COM wrote:

> Today's Boston Globe has the Phoenix Sun's shopping Cedric Ceballos and Wesley
> Persons to the Celtics for we don't know who, but could be either a guard
> <Dana or Dee> making 3 million dollars <because both of them put together make
> 3.4> or guard & a forward <Dana or Dee & Williams> who together make a little
> over 4, but are still within the 15%. This move is an intriguing one, if you
> couple it with the fact that they intend to sign Dominique to 1 or 2 year
> contract. Looks like they are preparing for opening up a huge cap-room for
> next year, while willing to stink this season.Gaston must be laughing at
> Colangelo when both he and Checkitts last season were trying to advice Gaston,
> as to how this business should be run, to which Gaston retorted with "How many
> rings have you got?".
>
> Here is my take on the Radja affair, looks like that Radja will void the
> contract with the C's only if the C's pay up the difference which is 2.3x2 +
> 5.3 = 9.6 million dollars. I belive Gaston is willing to pay some of the
> difference but not all of it.
>
> Stathis yesterday very accurately reported that the C's want to rent Radja to
> tghe Greek team for a rent off 40% of his existing salary which for 2 years
> equals 2.4. Assuming they expect the Greek team to extend Radja's contract for
> 1 more year, the celtics will have to cough up 2.3x3 = 6.9 mill - rent for 3
> years(40% of 9 mill) = 3.6 = 3.3 mill, which though is still sizeable money
> looks do-able. Any other takes. - Mishra
>
> PS: By the way did you see how fast Radja became healthy, no bone on bone shit

If the C's are serious about pursuing DeClercq, Strong, et. al, Radja's
contract needs to be voided ASAP.  Since it isn't me paying, I'm
inclined to say, "give him whatever he wants and tell him not to let the
door hit him on the way out."  On the other hand, considering his recent
act, I can appreciate trying to low-ball him.

I think Ainge did an awesome job in Phoenix.  Seems to me with their
re-signings of KJ, Chapman, Llamas, Hot Rod, and Bryant (all but the
last to one year deals), they are looking to make one more push for a
ring with KJ rather than tanking it.  'Nique has proven he had more game
left than what we saw in Boston and if he'll sign for just one year,
Phoenix will have the best of both worlds:  lots of cap room next year
and some hungry, quality veterans who'll dive for loose balls (the way
Dantley and Vinnie both, thankfully, did one year) and make a legit run
for it all this year.  Look at the Suns roster, they don't have room for
bodies:
Guards-KJ, Kidd, Chapman, Dumas, Nash & Person
Forwards-Manning, Bryant, & Ceballos
"Centers"-Hot Rod, Llamas & Meyer
This already assumes no Tisdale, Mike Brown, et. al.  They didn't pick
on the 1st round and their 2nd (#42 overall, Stephen Jackson) is no sure
thing to make their roster.  I think they want to make as good a
two-for-one deal as they can given salary matching constraints and open
up a roster spot for 'Nique.  So a Barros for Person & Ceballos deal
makes sense for them.  As for us, it only makes sense if we then trade
one of the two in a package which allows us to move Ellison.  Dino's
knees were "bone on bone" right?  Wait until Pervis' skeleton undergoes
a Pitino camp.  Aside from the health issues, Pitino has no time for a
ganja smokin' rasta-man.

I wish people would quit hoping to dump Eric Williams, he's a keeper.