Re: ERIC WILLIAMS

> Hi.  I have to say I can't stand to hear that Eric Williams sucked.  I
think he's a very talented low post player who gives lots of people trouble
under the basket.  I hope they keep Fox, Dee and Williams.  I think they'll
all blossom in Pitino's system.  I still feel badly about Wesley.  If
anyone deserved to be a Celtic (other than Fox) he did.  IMO they must keep
some veterans to help lead this very young team.  EW is a
> worker and I think, from what I've read about Pitino, he'd be someone RP
would like.  If we got rid of EW I think we'd come to regret it.  He and
Walker have a friendship, too.  I, for one, would like to start the season
with some players I recognize.  I certainly will enjoy it alot more.  I
really enjoy watching EW play.  I'm glad others agree with me.
> Dorine

Well Dorine, by now you have heard the news Ulrich is gone now also. Didn't
fit into the game plan. With Wesley that is 10 of last years players !
Dino may be 11.   (I only dream Brown, Minor & Barros will be 12-14.
Williams may be next since he is our most tradable commodity.  You
mentioned a good point that Eric's game is an inside game, but he can't
play the 4 because he gets killed & doesn't rebound good enough. I don't
think Antoine will become the slasher 3 with range we need,  Mercer could
be, so Eric could be the odd man out.  We need a 3 to give us some outside
scoring capability, if Eric can hit the practice court & improve in this
area, he should be a keeper with Fox now gone, if he can't we need to move
him for an outside scoring threat,  or a real 4 like Jayson Williams who
can play physical inside & rebound.

Now that we have renounced Fox, have we now lost our ability to re-sign him
& go over the cap , which would definitely mean he won't be back ?