Re: Knight Move

>> -Aside from the Bulls, who are an anomaly (because MJ is an anomaly), no
one
>> has won a championship w/o a real center since the 70's.  Bird needed The
>> Chief, Dr. J needed Moses, Isaiah needed Edwards, LA had Jabbar and
Houston
>> has The Dream.  We'll probably need someone other than Knight to play the
>> pivot in order to win #17 but Baker and McDyess are far less realistic
>> options than he.  Knight is w/o a doubt a legit off the bench 4/5 (a la
>> McHale in the best of all possible futures...)

>Again, before the bulls, the Pistons won back to back championships with
>Lambier and company manning the post.  out of the last 9 championships,
>only two have been won with a dominant center.

Sorry to disagree Adam.  The Pistons failed to win until they picked up an
admittedly old, past his prime James Edwards to play center and move Laimbeer
and his outside game to the perimeter where it had belonged all along.  They
could not, did not and would not win with Laimbeer in the pivot.  Aside from
the Bulls, no one has won w/o a real center (I define real center as someone
who has a back to the basket game along with the ability to make opposing
centers struggle for their low post points and pick up both off. & def.
rebounds) going all the way back to the '75 Warriors:
'76-Cowens
'77-Walton
'78-Unseld
'79-Sikma
'80, '82, '85, '87, '88-Jabbar
'81, '84, '86-The Chief
'83-Malone
'89, '90-Edwards
'94, '95-Olajuwon

Go Green,
Daniel

"So how are we going to inbounds the ball against Pitino?"  -Chuck Daly to an
assistant after taking the Magic job.