Knight for Day

Essentially the Celts are exchanging Knight for Day (and the Brick) and I
like the deal.  Knight can be our starter or backup center for a long time.
There aren't very many mobile big men available and I'm glad we didn't sit
around and let him get away.

I think it is necessary to get better quickly.  Someone is going to.  Philly or
Washington are trying badly; Miami and NY are already there and
Orlando is due to make a come-back.  If we are content with a five year
plan, we won't be able to keep the talent we have.  So, I applaud the
new management team on their aggressiveness  Their only bad deal
was the one (Pippen) that they walked away from.  So they have yet to
disappoint, only to scare us.

Now, I think we need a 4/5 backup who can bump with Mourning and
Ewing, and a speedy backup for our 1/2 slots.  With Dorine, I hope we
can keep Fox; maybe the Dino deal will allow us enough room.  I'm not
sure next year's FA crop is the answer, anymore.  McDyess is the only
big help there and he may be staying or going elsewhere;  we hoped for
Duncan for a year or two and that vanished in an instant.

Cheers,

Gene    PS:  It is entirely possible that some of the old wood we can't get
rid of is not dead wood and can help us.  Is it impossible for Dee or Dana
or Minor (or even Pervis) to contribute with a good year?