Re: Travis Knight Signing

- ----------
> From: William Giovannucci <
>

> Just when I thought the C's learned their lesson on signing marginal free
agents to long term deals (Barros, Ellison, Wilkins, Minor, etc..), Pitino
and Wallace make the same mistake.  Knight is a nice player who has a
bright future in the NBA, but not someone you would want to be stuck with
> for 7 years.  I would've been much happier plaing out the 97-98 season
with a couple of scrubs at center (Schayes, DeClerq) and saving our cash>
for the 98 free agent class.

I agree, but maybe they know something about getting out of some or all of
Dino's salary ?   Rasheed Wallace would be the final pece in the puzzle.

Wallace
Walker/Knight
Fox/Williams
Mercer