Re: Travis Knight

> One question,

> What would everybody be saying if it had been M.L. that had given a 7
year  22M contract to this guy?

That's not ML's style, he prefers giving 7 year 22M contracts to 5' 11"
guards.

> What is the thinking behind this?  isn't this what has got us into such
trouble with the contracts of Minor, Barros, > > Brown etc - players who
are 'second-teamers'  making enough money to be starters.

It is good to think long term but they need to plan for the next season
too. The C's need  a center who can play 24-30 minutes a night for 82
games. Dino & Pervis are not those players..RP with this signing feels that
Knight is, and if he can play defense and gives us 10 pts and 8-9 rebounds
per game, this will be a good signing.

> This means we don't have the cap space to sign true stars and it fosters
dissent from younger players who are
> starting but earning a fraction of that of the bench-warmers.

If the players that RP brings in do well, then they will have value and cap
room can be created when the time comes and RP unlike ML knows talent.

> Does anyone see Travis as starting centre on a NBA championship team?

If Luc can start for Chicago sure Travis can start for us.
                                                     - Mishra