Rebounder

It is obvious that the Celtics need a rebounder on their team to start the
fast break.  Antoine Walker and Eric Williams won't cut it.  I checked out
the list of Rebounding leaders and here are the players with good numbers.

Player                                G    REB    R/G
Dennis Rodman, Chi           55    883   16.1
Charles Barkley, Hou          53    716   13.5
Jayson Williams, Njn          41    553   13.5
Shaquille Oneal, Lal            51    640   12.6
Dikembe Mutombo, Atl        80    929   11.6
Anthony Mason, Cha           73    829   11.4
Ervin Johnson, Den              82    913   11.1
Patrick Ewing, Nyk              78    834   10.7
Chris Webber, Was             72    743   10.3
Vin Baker, Mil                     78    804   10.3
Derrick Coleman, Phi           57    573   10.1
Loy Vaught, Lac                  82    817   10.0
Shawn Kemp, Sea               81    807   10.0
Tyrone Hill, Cle                    74    734    9.9
Alonzo Mourning, Mia           66    655    9.9
Karl Malone, Uth                  82    809    9.9
Will Perdue, Sas                  65    638    9.8
Charles Oakley, Nyk             80    782    9.8
Dale Davis, Ind                      80    772    9.7
Michael Smith, Sac               81    769    9.5

I would love to have Rodman in Boston, but knowing Pitino, I doubt that
would happen.  I don't think any team could pry Barkley from Houston.  But
then there is an interesting player, Jayson Williams of the Nets.  He was
injured last year, but would be an excellent pickup.  Hes a legit 6-10,
6-11 weighing 250.  Certainly a BIG man. Hes 29 and in his prime.  You can
get some of his info at
http://ESPN.SportsZone.com/nba/profiles/profile/0369.html. We possibly
could trade Brown/Barros for him.

The next few players are pretty much locked up for a few years with
high-priced contracts.  Then I see 2 interesting players: Baker and
Coleman.  Coleman would be an interesting aquisition if Pitino wanted to
take that risk.  I think hes too large at 6-10, 260.  Vin Baker could still
be available, but we'd probably have to give up Williams, Barros, and
Brown.  But Baker is too big too.  He is 6-10 and 267.  Dale Davis is
another interesting player on that list.  Davis is a good size (6-11, 230)
and would fit into Pitino's style.

Any other players of interest?

        Timothy Jordan
        PatsRule90@geocities.com